So, I’m turning twenty-five this June, and I have to say I’ve been having a bit of a quarter life crisis about this. I’ve got to that stage where I’m constantly moaning about being old to my mostly younger work colleagues, where I can’t stay up past 10pm without getting moody, where a night in with a takeaway sounds way more appealing than going out drinking until the next morning, and where I take midday naps on my days off.
I don’t quite feel as young as that chubby redhead baby (also can we just talk about how nineties everything in that photo is?) but I don’t feel like I’m halfway to fifty either – so I decided to make a little list of goals that I want to complete in the next four months before my birthday. Some of these are tiny things, and some are huge goals that I’ve been wanting to do for a long time – hopefully though, I’ll get them all done or have them planned in before my birthday!
25 goals by 25:
1. Visit three new countries
2. Visit a new continent
3. Take a trip to Machu Picchu (I already have this booked in for June!)
4. Start my driving lessons
5. Hit 1000 followers on Instagram
6. Attend more bookish/publishers events
7. Read Les Miserables (and finish it!)
8. Go on holiday with Angharad!
9. Start a bullet journal
10. Find the best way forward to help reduce my anxiety on a day to day basis
11. Be happy in my own skin
12. Get my hair done properly (yes this is a tiny thing and not really something to aspire to but I haven’t even had my hair professionally cut since 2014 and I feel like a good chop will help me a lot!)
13. Read another 40 books
14. Design more candles for our store (or even just for myself) based on my favourite books
15. Properly rearrange my bookshelves and do a big unhaul
16. See a musical on stage
17. Get tattoo #9 (and maybe #10 as well…)
18. Organise my wardrobe and declutter stuff I don’t wear/need anymore (which there’s a lot of)
19. Climb a mountain
20. Do a 24 hour readathon
21. Find a way to arrange my time better that works for me and doesn’t leave me exhausted all the time
22. Visit a wonder of the world
23. Find a new favourite book/series
24. (Very vague and very typical, but,) try and work out where I want to be going in terms of a career/further study
25. Go to more art galleries and museums
Like I say, some of these are easier than others and some are already planned in, but I’m going to try my best to do them all by June! I’ll try to keep updating this and will post a full update when I hit the dreaded twenty five and might start feeling like a “proper adult”.
wish me luck!