So if you’ve been following our blog for a while, you know it’s no secret that we aren’t shy when it comes to talking about mental illness. Speaking for myself, I do struggle with mental health and there are just days when you want to stay in a horizontal position for approximately a week. You try reading these ‘self-care’ posts – you know the ones that suggest ‘going for a run’ or ‘hiking up a mountain’ and ok, maybe those things (in the long run) would benefit you but when even breathing seems like too much of a task, it’s the last thing you want to do.
Maybe I will tackle my own self-care post in the future but for now, and for the days when I am feeling shitty, I can look back on this post – 10 things that have put a smile on my face in the past few weeks! I thought today would be a good day to do this as I am feeling ok – I’ve got soup on the boil and I’m watching my dogs tear up all their new toys.
- I went to my first ever archery lesson!! I’ve been obsessed with the sport for years (yes, even before Katniss) but I’d never got around to doing it until now. I bruised my arm majorly but I had the best time and can’t wait to go again!
- I have been catching up with this year’s Celebrity Big Brother purely because it’s the ‘Year of the Woman’ series and I’m really enjoying it.
- I tried Quorn ‘chicken’ nuggets for the first time and I fell in love.
- Becky and I have planned to visit Salzburg in Austria hopefully in April! It’s our first time travelling together and we couldn’t be more excited!
- I ticked one UK city off my travel bucket list – Bath! You can see my travel diary of it here.
- Yoga! I have been practicing yoga since the start of last month but for January I have been joining in with Cat Meffan’s Yoganuary. I’ve finally found the exercise for me!
- I got invited by Penguin Random House to an Instatour for the book Swimming Lessons by Claire Fuller. So keep an eye out on my Instagram for the upcoming photo!
- I finally got out of my reading slump and have read 5 books so far this year including Warcross by Marie Lu which is already a favourite.
- I signed up to LinkedIn for our blog as I’ve made it a mission this year to focus on it more and hopefully collaborate with some brands, shops and publishers!
- Yesterday, I danced around to 80s music in my kitchen whilst chopping up some vegetables. It’s a huge turnaround from crying for no reason last week. I’m learning to appreciate and remember these moments.
Tell me one thing that made you happy this week in the comments!
Lots of love,