So now we’ve entered the month of November, we have been brainstorming on different kinds of blog posts we can do coming up to Christmas. Although I’ve got my birthday first, I’ve still got into the festive spirit by researching some bookish gift ideas for friends and family. Although the obvious thing to buy a bookworm would be an actual book, sometimes it’s hard to know which one so at least some of these gifts can cater to lovers of all genres.
1. For the Aspiring WritersOk, so technically these first two items would appeal more to the aspiring writer but seeing as this is also the month of NaNoWriMo, I thought I would definitely add these after seeing them in my local Waterstones. Ready, Set, Novel! is designed to help with the dreaded writer’s block. It guides you through the process of writing – everything from forming your novel’s plot and setting the scene and creating your characters. It is designed to include lists, Q+As and even mind maps so you can pick and choose what activities you complete. 642 Things to Write About is another list-style journal designed to help you find inspiration by writing down prompts such as ‘fixing the plot to the worst movie you’ve ever seen’ and ‘writing a love letter to the person you dislike.’ With a new prompt on each page, it is definitely designed to help you get ideas for your projects.
2. For the Candle Lovers
1. Two Candle Thieves 2. Meraki Candles 3. Hearth & Hammer
4. Book and Glow 5. Alchemy & Ink 6. Wick and Fable
So for those who didn’t know, as well as being book bloggers, Becky and I also own our own bookish candle business called Two Candle Thieves (nothing wrong with a bit of self-promotion.) However, we understand that our candles won’t be for everyone and you may be looking for some bookish candles this Christmas so we have decided to put together a list of our other favourite shops. Of course, there are many more out there but we’ve listed some based in the UK, USA and Europe. Some of these shops (as well as our own) are on a small hiatus but make sure you stay up to date with their products as I guarantee you won’t be disappointed. I do believe all of these candles are Soy based, making them vegan friendly.
3. For Between the Pages
1. TemporaryPlaces 2. Hey Atlas 3. MyBookMark
4. FictionTeaDesigns 5. Ink & Wonder
We couldn’t make this post without including some bookmarks and yes, you can find them anywhere and everywhere but these are some shops that we come across often on social media and we think they deserve all the attention. These bookmarks cover all price ranges and once again, we’ve picked International shops so shipping won’t be a problem. The amount of work and detail these artists put in really do make all the difference and amongst these shops, you will find bookmarks for every fandom. So get marking!
4. For the Book Protectors
Photo by @dragonflyreads
Despite the fact I haven’t yet invested in one of these myself, I have seen them all over Instagram and seen people receive and love theirs so I had to include them. Meet Benita Botello, otherwise known as Book Beau, the designer that creates mini pockets to keep your books and eReaders safe on your travels. They come in so many different designs and are very affordable despite having high-quality materials. We believe these would make an excellent gift (also making it so your friends have no excuse for returning borrowed books in bad condition!)
Website | Instagram
5. For the Bookish Statement Makers
Right – Punky Pins // Left – Literary Emporium
Recently I’ve started adding pins and badges to my leather bag and so of course, I’ve been on the hunt for some bookish ones. These are both UK based shops but they are very affordable. Although Punky Pins specialises in pins (hence the name!) Literary Emporium also sells a wide range of bookish items such as clothing, jewellery and much more.
6. For the Tea Drinkers
Like I could be British and do any gift idea post without adding some tea but this isn’t just any tea, it’s bookish tea! Bookish Teas is a Literary Inspired Tea Shop based in Germany and its creator, Zilan focuses on organic and eco-friendly mixes. You can find tea based on books such as ACOTAR, Six of Crows, The Raven Cycle and many more. Also the blend is customisable – delicious both hot and cold! Riddles Tea Shoppe is a company based in the US and as well as selling tea blends, also creates pins, bookmarks and art prints! As you can tell from the name of the shop, you will find teas based on the magical world of Harry Potter as well as Game of Thrones and others!
And that is it! We hope you find something you like, either for yourself or for a friend and family and all that’s left to say is, happy spending!
Lots of Love,